International Symposium on Parameterized and Exact Computation (formerly IWPEC) covers research in all aspects of parameterized and exact algorithms and complexity.
The first IWPEC (International Workshop on Exact and Parameterized Computation) took place in Bergen in 2004. Since 2008, IWPEC has been held annually. In 2010, IWPEC changes its name to IPEC (International Symposium on Parameterized and Exact Computation). Since 2011, IPEC is collocated with ALGO (ESA+WABI+ATMOS+WAOA). IPEC 2014 will take place in Wrocław, Poland.
Since 2010, the IPEC Program Committee awards Excellent Student Paper Awards.
- In 2010 the award was shared by the papers ‘Inclusion/Exclusion Branching for Partial Dominating Set Set Splitting’ (by Jesper Nederlof and Johan M. M. van Rooij) and ‘Small Vertex Cover Makes Petri Net Coverability and Boundedness Easier’ (by M. Praveen).
- In 2011, the award was gived to Yoichi Iwata for the paper ‘A Faster Algorithm for Dominating Set Analyzed by the Potential Method’.
- In 2012 to Ivan Bliznets and Alexander Golovnev for the paper titled ‘A New Algorithm for Parameterized MAX-SAT’.
Currently, the IPEC steering committee has the following members:
- Hans Bodlaender: 2012-2015 (chair)
- Gregory Gutin: 2011-2014
- Thore Husfeldt: 2012-2015
- Marek Cygan: 2013-2016
- Rolf Niedermeier: 2012-2015
- Pinar Heggernes: 2013-2016
- Stefan Szeider: 2011-2014
- Dimitrios Thilikos: 2011-2014
- Gerhard Woeginger: 2011-2014
- Frances Rosamond
- Peter Rossmanith 2010-2013
- Daniel Marx 2010-2013
- Saket Saurabh: 2009-2012
- Fedor Fomin, 2009-2012
- Jianer Chen: 2009-2012
- Mike Fellows: 2009-2012
- Martin Grohe
- Venkatesh Raman
- Frank Dehne
- Michael Langston
- Rod Downey
IPEC proceedings in the DBLP database