International Symposium on Parameterized and Exact Computation (formerly IWPEC) covers research in all aspects of parameterized and exact algorithms and complexity.
The first IWPEC (International Workshop on Exact and Parameterized Computation) took place in Bergen in 2004. Since 2008, IWPEC has been held annually. In 2010, IWPEC changee its name to IPEC. Some years IPEC is collocated with ALGO (ESA+WABI+ATMOS+WAOA) and some years it is organized outside of Europe. IPEC 2013 will be collocated with ALGO and will take place in Sophia Antipolis, France.
Since 2010, the IPEC Program Committee awards Excellent Student Paper Awards.
- In 2010 the award was shared by the papers ‘Inclusion/Exclusion Branching for Partial Dominating Set Set Splitting’ (by Jesper Nederlof and Johan M. M. van Rooij) and ‘Small Vertex Cover Makes Petri Net Coverability and Boundedness Easier’ (by M. Praveen).
- In 2011, the award was gived to Yoichi Iwata for the paper ‘A Faster Algorithm for Dominating Set Analyzed by the Potential Method’.
- In 2012 to Ivan Bliznets and Alexander Golovnev for the paper titled ‘A New Algorithm for Parameterized MAX-SAT’.
Currently, the IPEC steering committee has the following members:
- Hans Bodlaender: 2013-2015 (chair)
- Gregory Gutin: 2011-2014
- Thore Husfeldt: 2013-2015
- Daniel Marx: 2011-2013
- Rolf Niedermeier: 2013-2015
- Peter Rossmanith: 2011-2013
- Stefan Szeider: 2011-2014
- Dimitrios Thilikos: 2011-2014
- Gerhard Woeginger: 2011-2014
- Frances Rosamond
- Saket Saurabh: 2010-2012
- Fedor Fomin, 2010-2012
- Jianer Chen: 2010-2012
- Mike Fellows: 2010-2012
- Martin Grohe
- Venkatesh Raman
- Frank Dehne
- Michael Langston
- Rod Downey
IPEC proceedings in the DBLP database