Due to persistent spammer trouble, I (Philip) have disallowed editing by non-members. You need to become a member of the Wiki before you can add/modify content on the Wiki. This is just so that random internet people don't vandalise our Wiki. Getting membership is easy : See How to become a member to find out how. You can now edit pages anonymously, but in this case your IP address will be logged in the edit history. Anonymous editing has been — temporarily — enabled so that folks can play around with the wiki without having to wait for membership approvals.
If you are already a member, log in with your username and password and simply click on the edit button at the bottom of the page. This will open an editor with lots of useful buttons. Logging in to edit will ensure that your username is shown against the changes you made in the pages' history.
If you are not a member and don't want to get a login just to edit the Wiki, then go ahead and click on the edit button at the bottom of the page that you want to edit.
If you are a member and want to get a login, please follow the instructions here.
In either case, if you want to create a new page, then enter a title (this can be edited any time later) in the box below "Add a new page" which appears on the left side of every page in the Wiki and click on the button named "new page".
Creating and editing pages with this editor is easy and very intuitive. Most importantly, you can use LaTeX syntax to create formulas like the following one.(1)
Now isn't that cool?
All this magic is done using text-based mark-up, so if you don't like clicking on things you can directly type the markup in. See Wiki Syntax Documentation for the syntax.
For general help with the Wiki, see Wiki Documentation for all the documentation.
If you would like to add a page to the Table of Contents:
0. Create a page by giving it a name in the box below.
1. For each page p that we want to list in the Table of Contents, go to page p (find p in the list of all pages on the side bar or the one you just named, here : http://fpt.wikidot.com/system:list-all-pages ) and click on the "options" button at the right bottom of the page ( I think you need to be logged in for this.).
2. This brings up a lot of other buttons, click on the "parent" button.
3. This brings up a textbox. Into this textbox we type "welcome" (without the quotes), which is the unix-name of the Welcome page.
4. You may want to create your own page. Do this and then do 1, 2, 3 above. Put your child page name in "[ ]" to get the parent to point to it.
If we want a TOC with more depth, we can use the PageTree module : see http://www.wikidot.com/doc:pagetree-module